Propane Tank Sizes for Homes and Businesses
Written on: March 6, 2023
Pitmon Oil & Gas makes sure you have the right tank for your needs!
Do you need a propane tank for your home or business? You’ve come to the right place!
Pitmon Oil & Gas provides expert installation and leasing of clean, safe propane tanks for residential, commercial, and industrial usage. Our experts will thoroughly go over your propane usage and make sure that you have the right size tank to meet your needs.
We also offer customized propane delivery services for both homes and businesses. For our commercial and industrial customers, we can deliver up to 30,000 pounds of bulk propane.
Here is important information about common propane tanks so you have a better idea of what size works for you.
- 18 inches tall and 12 inches in diameter
- Holds about 5 gallons of propane
- Easy to pick up and carry
- Can be exchanged at an exchange station for a new, full tank or refilled at a refill station
- Commonly used for grills, firepits, portable generators, and other outdoor propane appliances
- 2 feet tall and 1 foot in diameter
- Holds about 8 gallons of propane
- Easy for one person to carry
- Can be exchanged at a tank exchange station or refilled at a refill station
- Most commonly used RVs and commercial applications
- 4 feet tall and 18 inches in diameter
- Holds close to 25 gallons
- Portable, but it is recommended that two people carry it
- For one appliance such as a space heater or a fireplace
2x 100-lb. tank setup
- Two 100-lb. tanks are connected with a switchover valve
- When one tank runs out, the valve automatically switches to the full one
- A red/green indicator tells you when to replace the first tank
- For one or two propane appliances like a range or dryer
- 4 feet tall by 3 feet in diameter
- Holds approximately 100 gallons of propane
- Installed at property
- Is not portable
- Refilled onsite by Pitmon Oil & Gas
- For water heating, pool heating, and whole-house standby generators
- Can be used for whole-house heating if home is under 1,000 square feet
- 5 feet tall by 10 feet long
- Holds 400 gallons at 80% capacity (standard fill)
- Can be installed aboveground or underground
- Not portable
- Refilled on-site with propane delivery
- For whole-house heating as well as homes with several propane appliances
- 5 feet tall by 16 feet long
- Holds 800 gallons at 80% capacity (standard fill)
- Installed either aboveground or underground
- Fixed in place, not portable
- Propane delivery for on-site refills
- For very large homes and commercial or industrial applications
Can I lease a propane tank?
Absolutely! In fact, most of our customers do because they love the ease and convenience of our worry-free, affordable propane tank leasing!
When you own your own tank, you are responsible for a lot of up-front costs, including purchasing the tank. You are also on the hook for all maintenance and repair costs.
But when you lease your propane tank from Pitmon Oil & Gas, you’re free of those hassles and expenses! We install the tank, and we handle all maintenance and repairs your tank needs.
Contact Pitmon Oil & Gas to learn more about our propane tank services for your home or business!